Did you know that Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) are tracking your Tor usage?
Internet Service Providers (ISP) such as Comcast, are tracking and logging people that use the Tor browser. Now the ISP’s are making a list of the people that use Tor and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will be sharing that information with others.
If you would like to hide your Tor usage from your ISP and stay off these such lists then you need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), it is just a cheap and simple software app that also has other great benefits.
I have personally gone and tested all of the top VPN’s on the market and found NordVPN to be the best at the moment, it is extremely easy to set up (1 click) and simple to use, have a specific mode “Onion Over VPN” for Tor traffic, while also providing tons of extra features.
All you need to do is turn the VPN on, connect to a VPN server (2 clicks) before you start Tor, and then your Tor usage is hidden from everyone!
Why else use a VPN Server?
- The VPN will encrypt all of your internet traffic so your ISP (or anyone else for that matter) can not detect if you are using Tor Browser.
- Complete anonymity when using the internet. No one will know what you are looking at or what you are doing.
- You can download and stream videos without restriction and anonymously.
- You can access the restricted content such as the US versions (have the newest content and at the cheaper US price) of Netflix, HULU, Pandora, Spotify, BBCiplayer, HBOgo, etc. from ANYWHERE in the world.
- State of the art encryption so all of your personal information, chats, emails, bank details, photos, sensitive business documents etc. are secure from theft over Wi-Fi networks. Read here how easy it is to steal your identity over Wi-Fi.
- You can access blocked sites like Facebook and Twitter from countries where they have censored sites, schools, universities etc.
- You can bypass blocked sites. Eg. The UK government is about to block access to certain porn sites from within the UK, by using a VPN Service you can access all of these sites freely and without your ISP knowing anything.
- They will run on all devices including PC, MAC, Linux, iPhones, Androids and tablets.
Your risk is growing every day at an alarming rate.
By using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) you can avoid all of this by simply clicking the mouse a couple of times. A VPN is just a small software application that can be used on your computer and mobile device which will encrypt everything you do online and hide your real IP address so it appears you are located somewhere else in the world. The VPN’s are so good that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) will not even know what you are doing online or downloading and uploading, they don’t even know how much bandwidth you are using and they also cannot tell if you are using Tor while using a VPN. In my testing, NordVPN came out best as they had excellent performance while having a strict no-logs policy for increased anonymity.